Swim With The Fishes...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010--DUE DATE!!

Today = March 9, 2010
March 9, 2010 = 40 Weeks
40 Weeks = DUE DATE
DUE DATE = Nothing

The day we've been waiting for the last 280 days has arrived, with absolutely no fanfare, no excitement and no Beano. :( (Not yet, anyway!) David asked me this morning, "So, do you think he's going to come today?" No, I don't. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if he's EVER going to arrive! Then he proceeded to tell his son, "Come out, it's supposed to be your birthday!" I agree.

Don't get me wrong, we are still anxious, excited and READY, just losing patience! My advice for anyone pregnant, never start counting down, always continue to count up--38 weeks, 39 weeks, 40 weeks, and so on. We have definitely always known that the "due date" is an estimate, but it's so hard not to get wrapped up in this particular date. And to see it come, and most likely go, with no baby, is incredibly frustrating.

With that said, if I haven't answered your call or called you back, sorry! I appreciate that you are checking on me, but sometimes it's hard to continue to report that I have no news and yes, I'm still pregnant. However, I am doing very well, am not incredibly uncomfortable and really am grateful you care! You'll get a very excited call back VERY soon!

So, Happy supposed-to-be Birthday Beano! We'll celebrate another day.

Random fact: Women are 14% more likely to give birth on a Tuesday than on any other day of the week — and least likely to deliver on the weekend. (Compliments of BabyCenter.com)

3 comments:

Mom said...

We all just have to be patient! You are right. It is a mistake to countdown. I'm sure very few hit that target date.

Jen said...

Kelly, my babies are always overdue... I like to think that I'm just so warm and snuggly, that they are just happy & content inside! Don't worry - won't be long now! Enjoy these last special days with David... Thinking of you!
Jen

Aquarium Creature said...

Thinking about you all the time!!!