Swim With The Fishes...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 33: Showered with Love

This week marks Week 33 and a new "Food of the Month." The second to last food of the month is Honeydew! Take my word for it, honeydews are BIG! Beano is reaching a healthy birth weight and length this month. I think it's ironic that "Honeydew" is this month, because I'm sure David will confirm, the "Honey-DO" list is getting longer and longer as the end of this pregnancy gets closer. He is marking things off the list daily though, and doing it all without complaining, so I am thankful. This weekend he got a lot of our baby gear (swings, bouncers, etc.) put together and Beano's closet cleared out some and ready for all the things to fill it.
Speaking of filling the nursery, on Saturday my dear friend, Christy, hosted a baby shower in Nashville for my close friends here. It was so great to be able to share this with such special people, especially the ones that have had children themselves and had TONS of advice to give. Seriously, it was really great to hear their stories, get their input and to know that through this journey, they will be only a call away! I was especially thankful that Beano's Aunt Jamie flew in from Florida for the event. She definitely won the prize for traveling the most miles. Christy, as always, had all the perfect details including the towel/blanket cake I'm holding in this picture (and using to camouflage half of myself!), amazing food, thoughtful shower favors and detailed decorations! It was great and I am SO thankful to have such amazing friends.

No comments: