Swim With The Fishes...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Counting Down, Not Up! 6 Weeks Left...

With only 6 weeks to go until the DUE DATE, it seems like we're doing a lot more counting down than up. We've spent the entire pregnancy counting weeks as they pass, week 8, week 12, week 20, up to week 34, but now that I'm here, it seems like we've begun a countdown! 6 more weeks, it's so hard to believe.

With such a short time left (assuming we even make it all 6), we've gotten on the ball about preparing for Beano. Some recent things we've accomplished in preparation:
* Finished the decorating portion of his room--changing table mattress is secure & his name is on the wall! ;)
* Attended Comprehensive Breastfeeding last night, a class offered by our hospital...informative, but WAY overwhelming.
* Started packing for the hospital--key word, STARTED
* Received and put together our travel system!!!!

The last (travel system) was most exciting. We were blown away when this Saturday, the Young Alumni Council at Belmont that I work directly with surprised me with a group gift--our travel system!! This was so unexpected, generous and kind, I was absolutely speechless. It also gives me extreme peace of mind, as the "travel system" includes the car seat & stroller, so I can officially bring Baby Fish home from the hospital when he arrives. I didn't want to be "that mother" that wasn't prepared enough to have the necessary equipment to take him home! I have nursing students that tell me about "her." Again, we were overwhelmed with gratefulness!
Note from the links, I'm still excited!!

6 (or so) more weeks...

1 comment:

Matt and Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you just reading this! I think this is the best time of pregnancy.

Oh, and once you get that carseat strapped in (as I'm sure you already have :)don't freak out when you see it in the back seat. It's pretty surreal at first!