Swim With The Fishes...

Friday, January 22, 2010

Check-up, Checking-in

Today we had our 33 week doctor's appointment. These "check-ups" are usually more like "checking-in" to be sure nothing is going wrong and that I'm still progressing normally and rarely last more than a few minutes. Today's check-up was the longest ever!! However, it had nothing to do with us.
Right as Dr. Oldfield was getting ready to measure me and hear Beano's heartbeat, she got called to "run over" and deliver a baby. I think David and I both assumed she would tell us we'd have to come back, but her nurse kindly let us know it would only be about 20 minutes and she'd be right back!! Crazy. That lady had probably been in labor for many hours and the doctor simply had to run over and catch her bundle of joy as it came out. All this time and all this work for that. So much for the miracle of birth. :)
It took a little longer than expected as our doctor frustratedly explained she could have fit us in because they called her too early, but either way in a mere 40 minutes she was there and back and a new baby had entered the world to rock some one's world for forever!! That will be here so soon for us, today definitely made it more of a reality and a little less monumental. Plus, it tested our patience and we definitely passed that test. We're pretty fortunate that today was the first time that has happened to us in all of our visits.
So for the progress, his heartbeat was good, a little faint as he was apparently turned away from the "microphone." I am measuring "right on track" and we'll be back in 2 weeks. After that, it's every week from there on to the end. I have a feeling that's when time will really start to fly.

No comments: