Swim With The Fishes...

Monday, January 19, 2009

We're Off to See the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Christmas lasted nearly an entire month for me! Natalie (David's mom) got me a ticket to see The Wizard of Oz at TPAC (TN Performing Arts Center)--our Broadway! For those of you that don't know, The Wizard of Oz has long been one of my all time favorite movies. I acted it out each day at my babysitters in Kindergarten (I was always Dorothy, of course) and have collected every musical snow globe, figurine and ornament there is! Even better, she also got tickets for Grandmother Oliver, Grandmother Fish, Carolyn (David's aunt), Jessie & Cassie (David's cousins, Jamie (David's Sister) and herself! It was a great Fish (& one Oliver) Girls Only outing!










Because everyone was going to be coming from elsewhere to Nashville, David and I decided to host a brunch at our house before. It was the first chance for most of them to see our new home and as David said, "probably the only time both my grandmas would be at my house at the same time!" He passed on a soccer trip to St. Louis for the opportunity to host everyone! Of course, I couldn't resist the theme and with the help of recipes and direction from my mom, made a menu that related to the movie! It was the first time I had made most of the dishes, so the pressure was on! There was Lime Jello Salad for the Emerald City, Monkey Break for the Wicked Witch's Flying Monkeys, Cheese Squares for the Yellow Brick Road and more!













David is an expert on "staging" a house these days-from our home selling experience I suppose. He had the movie playing in rooms upstairs and down and had the soundtrack playing in the kitchen! He was a big help and took great pride in giving the "tour!"










We had an AMAZING time hosting everyone, enjoying good food, if I do say so myself, and especially at the show. The special effects were terrific! I love live theater and it definitely lived up to the hype! The company was the best of all. It was a wonderful Christmas gift that lasted all the way to January 18!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly & David, You could not have been more gracious hosts! The food and presentation was wonderful. And your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am sure you feel as if "There's No Place Like Home" Thank You for making us feel so SPECIAL!!!!
Love,
Mom (Natalie)

Kasey said...

Great work, Dorothy!