Swim With The Fishes...

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Are you kidding me? Nashville es muy loco!

For another brief moment, I would like to stay on my political soapbox, but I am certain most of you will agree with this--completely bipartisan and insane issue.
Today, I must go vote on the most ridiculous "referendum." Nashville is having a vote to make our county "English only!" No joke. Forget the businesses we would lose or never get, the complete hypocrisy we would be promoting ("we're so friendly and a great place to work"), and the American ignorance this vote represents, can you imagine?? After traveling to Europe this summer, I quickly learned how thankful I am that other countries go out of their way to accommodate us. A city that refused to accommodate immigrants would be no place for me. Here's a thought, how about instead of refusing to deal with them, we offer more English classes for them to adapt and learn to live comfortably here? What a concept?!?! To help people rather than ban them.
I can proudly say our mayor and governor are against this. I will go vote, because no matter how ridiculous, how important!!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Can I be a Nashvillian for the day so I can vote against it too?