This past weekend was one of the best for my career to this point! Belmont hosted a 40 Year Celebration Reunion for Women's Basketball. This has been in the works essentially since I moved from coaching to the alumni office and I've been planning this reunion since September. I've been up to my ears in it since we came back from Christmas, so good or bad I knew I'd be glad when it was over. Fortunately for me, it was GREAT!
"The Best event Belmont's ever had!" "The very best day in the history of women's basketball at Belmont." "The most successful reunion we've ever had here." These were all comments made regarding the day!! VERY EXCITING! (I'm getting a big head so I'll stop!)
We had nearly 250 people attend and over 85 women's basketball alumni. At their recognition at half-time, they filled the court! It was so cool to see. 5 alums were present from the first team and nearly 70% of the total group of women's basketball alums attended. Sorry for all the data, but our President likes numbers so I have them ready to present!
The best part for me, all our staff pitched in and helped in huge ways. We truly exemplified "All Hands on Deck" and had a lot of fun in the process. So, a good day for me, is a good day for the Alumni Office and a great day for Belmont!
I will post a few pictures when I get them from our photographer.
1 comment:
Congratulations on such a successful event! I am sure they are LOVING you right now.
Post a Comment