Today, Kelly is 38 weeks into the pregnancy...meaning that two weeks from today is the official due date (March 9th). This week I was reminded that one of the things Kelly wanted us to do before we had children was to "attend a Jimmy Buffett concert with me." (She's been to several.) On a side note, this is actually quite funny to me seeing as it was on a list along side events such as "travel to Europe," "travel to Washington D.C. & Boston," and "buy a new home;" all of which we were able to check off the list. Well, we saw that Jimmy will be performing for the Parrot Head Nation on May 1st in Nashville at the Sommet Center (which is being renamed AGAIN to "Bridgestone Arena") and yes, we realize that is AFTER the baby is born. So, we decided to work on getting tickets to the show in hopes that it will be our first big outing (meaning we'll be interviewing babysitters...ha) after Baby Fish gets here. We're really looking forward to it! We also learned that they're bringing a Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant to downtown Nashville...yet another cool place we can take out of town guests to grab a bite to eat.
Kelly has been doing so well with everything. As you can imagine, she's quite uncomfortable, but I remind her daily how much of a trooper she is, especially compared to how I'd be acting if it were me. We won't go too far down that road, though. Let's just say, I'd definitely act like a big baby. Those of you who've heard her say, "I'd really like him to wait until March," would get a good laugh if you heard her now. That state of mind has drastically changed to, "I really don't even care if he comes on my birthday (Feb. 24...tomorrow!) at this point."
You can all rest assured that our bags are not only packed, but are now loaded into the car. So, we are definitely ready to roll once he decides to come....should be any day now. Stay tuned...!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Kelly! The three of you are in our daily thoughts and prayers!! Enjoy each day...it won't be long.
Post a Comment