Swim With The Fishes...

Monday, June 18, 2012

More Loftonisms

In my last post, I left out some of the biggest sayings Lofton currently has.  Here are a few more of his favorites...
* "Not Yet."  You can ask him about anything and get this response.  Lofton, are you ready for bed, do you want to go outside, ready for church, want to take a bath, done playing????  Guaranteed answer, "Not yet."
*  "Excuse me."  This is one of my all-time favorites.  We have been working hard to get him to be polite on the please and thank-yous.  He kept interrupting us when we were talking so I asked him to say excuse me to get our attention.  Well, does he ever.  He uses is properly all the time and it's so stinkin' cute.  The only problem now is that he expects that if he says it politely, you will stop whatever you are doing to respond! 
*  "What?" or "What does that mean?"  This is like every other kid's "Why?" for Lofton.  He asks "What?" constantly.  Try it...it's not an easy question to answer a lot of times.  If you ever say something he doesn't understand what it means or what you're trying to say, he just keeps asking "What does that mean?" until you clear it up for him.  I love that he self-advocates to understand, but I struggle with all the definitions!!

No comments: