Anyone that knows Lofton or reads this blog, knows that he has always been a great communicator. At this point, there are absolutely no limits to what he says. Lately, it seems like he has really made his words his own though and has come up with some really clever and funny things. I could make each of these their own post, but thought I'd combine them and share some of my favorite Loftonisms as of late!
* This morning on the way to church, I asked Lofton if he wanted to go visit the mountains with Mr. Clyde & Mrs. Lavona (we're going to Colorado with them in July). Lofton said, "That's a great idea!"
* When changing his diaper outside yesterday, he said "I feel the wind on my body."
* Last week, after our weekly dinner date, we were taking a walk down a strip mall. He pointed to one of the businesses and said "I want to go in there." I told him he didn't really because it was a hair cutting place and if he went in there he'd have to get his hair cut. "I want to get my haircut, Mom. My hair's a mess!" He walked right in, chose to get his haircut and sat in the chair (first time not in Dad's lap) and got his big boy hair cut! First big boy decision I let him make on his own!
* He's gotten into telling little white lies lately. I was the queen of this growing up, so I'm pretty sure he got this flaw from me. I asked him if I could cut his nails and he said, "No, you cut my nails yesterday." He uses this a lot whenever we ask him to do something he doesn't want to..."we did that yesterday." He also will throw dad under the bus in a heartbeat, saying, "Dad said I could watch TV," or "Dad said I could go outside." Smart, tricky boy.
* EVERYTHING happens in "3 minutes." If he wants to play a little longer before bath, "Just 3 more minutes please." If you ask him to do something he doesn't want to, he'll do it "in 3 minutes." Or, if you just simply ask him how long something takes...it's usually "3 minutes."
* So, he can count to 10 in Spanish and we have NO IDEA where he learned it from. We didn't work on it with him and his teacher said they don't do that in school. Our best guess is Sesame Street or Dora, but still...to retain counting all the way to 10? He doesn't watch that much SS or Dora!! It's quite amazing and makes us realize he is learning and absorbing everything right now-good and bad!
* He has gotten very good at using sequence words like First, Second, Then, Now, One more, etc. This morning it was all about "First, we'll go in the car. Second, to church and then to eat." He knows the drill!
* One of his new favorite words to bust out is "Because." Sometimes he uses it correctly and sometimes he just says it and then leaves a long pause. He wants dad, "because he will play trains."
* "I'll be right back." He loves to announce his exit from a room with this little phrase, while holding up one finger.
* "I'm happy." Every now and then he just proclaims this from the back of the car. Quite satisfying to know!
Those are some of the more frequent or newer ways he's using his expanding vocabulary. It's so fun and cute to listen to, but mostly it just makes our lives so easy to know he's communicating what he wants, needs, thinks and feels!
1 comment:
Love our little talker.
Post a Comment