What is this new opportunity that has me leaving Belmont, you ask? Oh wait, you didn't ask. Nevermind then...we'll get back to posts about Lofton!
Ah, I guess I'll tell you despite your disinterest! (I saw the ONE comment from Gran...THANK YOU GRAN!) I have accepted the position of Athletic Director for grades 5-12 at Currey Ingram Academy. This is a private school here in Nashville. I encourage you to check out their website, the school is quite amazing and the pictures, though beautiful and incredible, barely do it justice!!
I have had the bug to get back in athletics, wanted something a little more challenging, desperately wanted a shorter commute, and was hoping to get more flexibility in the summers now that I have Lofton around! There's still quite a bit unknown about how this is all going to work and look, but I'm really excited to be at a place where I can make a significant difference in the lives of many students, share my passion for athletics to teenagers that may not have otherwise considered participating and hopefully be more available to my family. Plus, good parking, clean bathrooms and free lunches were additional perks!! (Belmont's bathroom & parking situation are pathetic!)
So, we are Currey Ingram Mustangs! David and I attended a dinner with Trustees & Administrators earlier this week at the Head of School's home and it was amazing. For now, they are super excited I'm coming on board, which feels great! We're all anxious and excited for me to start, which I do THIS Monday! Wish me luck...at least Gran will! ;)
6 comments:
Best of Luck to You, Kelly. I believe the Mustangs are very fortunate to have you as their new Athletic Director. I am online now searching for my newest t-Shirt.
GRANNY::::
Ms.Kel. will this take you away from home a lot at night? I am really proud for you if that is what you want. Lofton doesn't mind being a MUSTANG. Hope it works out better for all of you.
LOVE GRANNY
Congrats!! That's awesome, Kelly :) I'm so excited for you!
I know you will be successful at whatever you do. You always have. Good Luck. Your mother told me what they had for lunch, I want to have lunch there!
I can't believe I'm so late in seeing these posts! But..ahh!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you and it's so cool to see how much life has changed since your arrival in Nashville! :) I miss you guys, and so excited for you and can't wait to hear about the new role. I know you'll be a ROCK STAR!! Much love and LOTS of luck!
So happy for you, Kelly! Enjoy those summer breaks with Lofton. You'll never regret those memories. : ) -KMJ
Post a Comment