Swim With The Fishes...
Friday, June 10, 2011
Our Last 6 Weeks Visitors
You can't imagine the beady red eyes, the way they stick to your clothes, the smash on your windshield, the loud constant buzz, the thousands of shells on the ground, their swarm....THE HORROR!!! The past 6 weeks in Nashville have been so intense if you should dare to step outside due to the cicadas! They have been relentless and I've never heard such a sound. Now that their invasion is finally ending, I realize how great the silence of an outdoor summer day can sound. Really, you wouldn't believe it and if anything I'm failing to describe the intensity of their swarm. I saw people dance with fear as they were stuck in their hair, sprint inside like they were being attacked by aliens, cry, scream, and literally go insane indoors due to their loud buzzing outside the walls. It's been like a horror movie and it's finally coming to an end...until their next invasion in 13 years, at least for this brood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment