Swim With The Fishes...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Already Attached

Though it often seems that it is up in the air about who Lofton takes after and looks like, one thing is for sure. When it comes to being attached to something, he takes after us both! As you can tell, from a very young age David and I were both had "things" we couldn't live with out. For David, it was his blanket, "Botonduey." For me, I didn't go anywhere without "Lemon" (from the Strawberry Shortcake series). In fact, both of our "things" currently reside in a drawer together after we finally gave them up when getting married!













We had resisted giving Lofton any such item, just to avoid keeping up with, the trauma should something happen to it and the germs it would be sure to collect. However, last weekend when he wasn't feeling well (gasy), I resorted to giving him one of the "lovie" blankets we had received as a shower gift. Well, of course it stuck! "Bear, Bear" as he is now affectionately called, is Lofton's best friend. He clings to it when napping, it comforts him when he's eating, makes him smile when he plays and it calms him down almost instantly. It hasn't joined him in his crib...YET! I think it's adorable now, but am sure it will become a nuisance if it sticks around for long. I guess you can chalk this one up to "Like Mom & Dad, like Son!"









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this the blanket I got him or someone elses?

Jen said...

So cute! Henry has a monkey and Betty loves her puppy (similar blanket animal.) Here's some advice, buy an EXTRA. That way if one's in the wash, you have a back-up... The back-up plan is priceless!

kbfish said...

Sorry Rita, this one happens to be a different one. It's thinner and a little easier for him to hold on to right now. Jen, that is GREAT advice! Thanks, we'll definitely have to do that.

Kasey said...

He looks so adorable w/it. I second Jen's advice--buy an identical backup! Especially handy when/if he starts going to day care.