Swim With The Fishes...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time with Gran!

Lately Lofton has gotten to spend a lot of time with his Gran. This pleases him to no end and I have to admit David and I enjoy it just as much. I'm not sure how she does it, but she manages to keep him all day, cook dinner and fit some of our much needed household chores in too?!?! When I was home on maternity leave I worked and worked all day and got NOTHING done!! I guess grandmas just have that special skill. When Gran's around we are all a happy, clean, fed and grateful bunch! Look at the smiles she gets out of her grandson...



Last night, we were lucky enough to go with David's parents to the Nashville Rising concert to benefit "The Flood 2010." It was an amazing (and long) show with appearances from so many fantastic artists. Special thanks to Nana & Pop for keeping Lofton while we were gone for the 4 hour concert!! We were extremely grateful to not be paying a babysitter by the hour last night. :) Also, thanks to Gran & GrandDaddy for giving us a night out!

Here's the line-up from the concert:

Performers:
Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, Montgomery Gentry, Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, LeeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, ZZ Top, Julie Roberts, Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldeen, Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus, Toby Keith, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw

Presenters:
Vince Young, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, Mayor Karl Dean, Governor Phil Bredesen, Nancy O'Dell (Access Hollywood) & SANDRA BULLOCK

Video Messages:
Reese Witherspoon, Dolly Parton, Matthew McConaughey & Craig Ferguson

WOW, WHAT A NIGHT!

No comments: