Swim With The Fishes...

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Half a Year Down

Hard to believe, isn't it? I've been pregnant for half of a year--6 Months today! Well, 24 weeks in pregnancy terminology. Here's a very scientific picture of Beano for you at 24 weeks. An action shot would show him participating in Kickboxing class--trust me.
Last night, David informed me that it would only be he and I for just a few more months. I know that probably seems obvious to you ("well, yeah, Kelly" I'm sure you're saying), but man that hit me hard. I guess I've conditioned myself for this natural transition from 2 to 3, which I'm sure it will be, but whoa...one day it will be he and I, the next day, we'll be a whole "family!" Again, WHOA.

Guess I better enjoy our time together, which is why we've planned a babymoon!! We're headed to the Windy City (Chicago) in December to shop, get Christmas-y, and take one last trip without guilt, insane preparation or needing babysitters. Right now, the anticipation of this trip is what gets me through every day! Pathetic.

This Friday is our 24 week appointment. I'll be tested for gestational diabetes and hopefully we can start talking more about the future and the end of this journey--labor & delivery! Not wishing it away, just trying to plan ahead! :) Sound like me or what?!

Pray for David and I...tomorrow we are going to our first consignment sale! I don't know much about them, but everyone in Nashville that finds out we're expecting tells us we must start going to them--for maternity clothes, baby stuff, the works. I'm not much of a bargain shopper and certainly don't do well in large, chaotic crowds, but we're going to check it out (and we only chose the largest one in the state). I got a special pass for "New Moms" that is supposed to allow me to avoid "Stroller Bottleneck Times!" I had a small panic attack just hearing that described. David is going as my "helper" and he's working the sale for four days, trying to sign up rug rats for soccer. I have a feeling his endeavours will be more successful than mine. My main goal is to leave with my baby still safely in my belly for another 16 weeks and without having purchased anything with spit-up stains on it! Cross your fingers...

1 comment:

Mom said...

It seems like the time is flying for all of the rest of us and it seems like just last month you were telling us you were expecting. I can't imagine you in the crowd at the consignment store without a panic attack. Good Luck! Thanks for sharing what's happening. It makes it so much more real for the rest of us. Love you,