Swim With The Fishes...

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Football with our Little Brother

Last Saturday we went to the Vandy/UK football game with our Little Brother, Jayden. I was thinking...yikes, football in November, could be cold and rainy. I had warned Jayden every week leading up to the game to be sure to dress warm...the last thing I wanted was a whiny, cold 7 year old on my hands! Boy, was I WAY off!

Saturday came and so did the heat. It felt like we were at a game in mid-August. It was 80 degrees, sunny and there was no breeze--HOT. It was so warm that the "RUN DMC" print on Jayden's shirt was melting to his skin and forced us to make him go Kris Kross style and wear his shirt backwards!! Needless to say, by the 4th Quarter, we had a whiny, hot 7 year old on our hands. I couldn't really blame him though.













We did have a good time. Since neither David or I had a dog in the fight, we let him pick who he wanted to win. Jayden chose the Blue team with the Wildcats as their mascot and he came out a winner! Matthew, you may have gotten another fan on your side as a result! :( It was his first football game and he loved the popcorn, mascots and video board the most. Of course the football was secondary. He also got to meet some of our friends, which is always a treat for him. We all left exhausted and David and I left sunburned. Seriously, November 14?!?













Saturday was also a treat for him as it was the day after his mom's birthday. We had been planning a surprise for over a month and he couldn't hold it a second longer! When we dropped him off from the game, he took his mom flowers in a vase he painted with us on an outing last month. She loved it and he was thrilled to show her his work and get the secret out. Makes me excited to get my first gift from my son!!

No comments: