Swim With The Fishes...

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Better Be Talking Length...

Hmmm...a cantaloupe to a banana?? Sounds like more shrinkage, but I read it was a "long banana" and I think it's referring more to length than weight. Now, Beano measures head to toe, rather than head to rump like before and he's over 10 inches long. Still, not even or just barely a pound! Long and skinny...sound like anyone you know?!?! Ha!
This past Friday, we had our 20 week doctor's appointment and ultrasound. The ultrasound was 45 minutes long and was much more technical than the previous ultrasound. The technician went head to toe measuring every bone, checking his major organs, and reviewing the status of all my "parts." Beano, who was again confirmed as a HE, measured perfectly in all categories and as always, put on a show. He was flipping and moving around so much and this time, I hadn't even had anything sweet! Her only concern was that at this point he was breech...then she laughed as she realized he flipped about 100 times a day right now it seemed. She said he should be fine and will hopefully begin to run out of room when he's flipped correctly. I'm beginning to wonder when and if he sleeps. I can tell you, it's not when I sleep, or should I say "try to sleep."
David and I were blessed this weekend to have visits from both grandmas-to-be! My mom came with her co-workers to celebrate her upcoming retirement. I had dinner with them at the Loveless Cafe and they all came to check out the nursery. Then, Saturday we were blessed to have David's mom, aka Gran, come and hang out. We had a great time, wonderful food and she came baring gifts and cleaning supplies!! She graciously cleaned all my upstairs windows (following-up from August's downstairs cleansing) and we couldn't be more grateful. Again, they look amazing! She also brought us a Wii Fit Plus, something I had been wanting since we got the Wii this summer. I have lots of plans to "work out" with it, but I will say after setting it up and being declared "Overweight" by this game, I like it less already!! I think there should be a "Pregnant" setting, but oh well. I'll swallow my pride and jump back on the board!
So, Happy 21 Weeks...it's all downhill from here!! :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

This whole fruit thing is definitely confusing! I can't wait to see Beano in person.