Yesterday, I got vaccinated! I endured the stress, chaos and wait at the Health Department to get the FREE H1N1 vaccination. It was only available yesterday, while supplies lasted to children and pregnant women. Though I didn't have to wait in a standing line, I did "take a number" and wait for over 45 minutes!! When I got there they were on number 132. They went all the way to 150 and then started over to get me, number 26. For each number, a parent took up approximately 15 kids or at least half their neighborhood! It was INSANE. Even better, the 7 shot givers sat in front of us at the head of the room and proceeded to give kid after kid their shot. Imagine, kids screaming while getting shots, kids screaming while witnessing what they were about to endure, kids running from parents chasing them and a few pregnant women in the mix wishing we had seen this "birth control" months ago!! IT WAS CHAOS!
I may not get H1N1, but I almost had a panic attack and who knows what diseases I caught while sitting amongst toddlers in an enclosed space for nearly an hour?!
1 comment:
I broke out in a sweat just reading this!!!!
Post a Comment