Swim With The Fishes...

Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Homecoming & Birthdays!

I feel quite boring in that these posts always revolve around my work, but that's about all I do these days. Sorry, no funny kid stories and no great trips lately. Work. Work. Work. If David would ever post, he could tell you about his work, but I'll leave that for him to tell.

This past week was one of our busiest of the year in that it was Homecoming! It was a week FULL of events, from a Alumni in the Round at the historical Bluebird Cafe, to an art show, to celebration lunches, basketball games, reunions and ended wtih the Annual Young Alumni Homecoming Social! We had great response throughout the week. I was concerned about getting people to the final event, the young alumni social, which I have sole responsibility for, but once the snow started to come (seriously, snow in Nashville in February?? NEVER happens!) and our team lost their game, I figured it was hopeless. Much to my surprise we had the most successful social event ever--the place was packed! Job Security-check.

In the middle of the chaos, we celebrated my 28th birthday! I worked all day, but I figure that must be what 28 year olds do! David had presents for me to open when I got home that night and we had birthday ice cream, of course. He did a great job of making my day special despite the long hours. Then, yesterday, Mom & Dad came to celebrate with me. Dad's birthday was Friday (27th) so we got to take our annual birthday picture together! (David likes to take pictures FAR away!?!)

No comments: