Swim With The Fishes...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

ATL, ATL

This past weekend, I traveled to Atlanta for work. We had our first alumni event in the Atlanta area, something we had been talking about doing since I joined the Alumni Office in the summer of 2006! I put the event together, mainly because it involved our men's basketball team playing Kennesaw State--I serve as the athletic liaison for our office. It was a great event, definitely something to grow on. We had about 30 alums attend a pre-game reception at Joe's Crab Shack and the basketball game, which thankfully we won!

The work part of the trip was great, but before we left, I fell in love!

The morning we were going to leave, my co-worker and I decided to make a trip to a store I have wanted to go to for a long time--The Container Store. Their slogan "Contain Yourself" was something I had to tell myself over and over again as I walked the aisles with endless organization supplies, bins, storage, and everything an organizing freak like me could ever want or need! The smell of clean plastic and a life of order overwhelmed me from the moment I walked in the sliding doors. I was in my heaven!

I did "contain" myself and only purchased a few things to make my life simpler, but oh...I'll be back! If you are ever anywhere near one of these, go in for me!

It may be awhile before my next blog, tomorrow is the start of Belmont's Homecoming 2009--priority #1 for our office...wish us luck!

No comments: