Swim With The Fishes...

Monday, December 1, 2008

Moving Days 1, 2, 3, and on and on...

We'll we've been a little out of blog commission lately--unplugged computer and off work and all! I thought I'd try to update--sorry only text, no pictures to upload because I'm typing this from a borrowed computer!
So, we have moved out of our house. We had a lot of moving days to get the majority of our boxes and some other things to our friends, the Russell's home. This is where we are staying during this limbo time. They are so gracious, hospitable and flexible. We are VERY lucky to have their support, open door policy and friendship during this time.
We also moved into a POD. If you haven't seen the POD phenomenon in action, it's really quite something! We had some help (thanks Chris & Brandon) to move the majority of our furniture out of our house and into the POD last Tuesday. It's in storage until we tell them the new house is ready.
Thanksgiving was nice--fast and busy, but nice. We had a great time with both of our families and then it was back to packing and moving! We thought we were almost done, then we went back to the house on Friday to find there was no way "a few" trips would get us out. So, David and I rented a 17 foot UHaul and filled it up ourselves. That china hutch many of you have heard us both mention being fearful to move. Well, don't ask me how, but David and I managed to move it out of our house, onto the truck and into the Russell's garage by ourselves. There were some tears, but it got moved! Now, how it gets to the new house I don't know. I know my limitations and I can't move it again!
So, as most of you know and as it as been publicized on this blog, our closings were supposed to be today. Well, after a lot of waiting patiently, praying, and pacing...we did not close. :( Apparently our buyer had a governmental loan and the government doesn't care much about closing dates or our painter's schedule. It sat on a desk of someone who was out of the office all day, so we've been pushed to tomorrow--I hope. The painters will still need 3 days, so we are starting to cut our Saturday moving day pretty close. Let's hope it all goes well, for our sanity!
Just wanted to give you an update. Hopefully we will have better news tomorrow. I'm not sure either of us could take another day like today.

No comments: