As most of you know, David and I have this list of places we want to visit before we have kids, if possible! Well, Europe allowed us to check #1 off that list. About three weeks ago, we realized we had a free weekend coming up and decided to hit somewhere else. Why not DC? I had been there many times through trip to visit my Aunt Rita when she lived there, school trips and my parents "educational" trips, but it was David's first time! In my opinion, if you are an American, you have to see DC! Well, now he has.

We flew up there last Friday and stayed through Monday. It was more than enough time for us to see all we wanted and more. We absolutely wore ourselves out. David, as I'm sure you can imagine, loved it all! I love traveling with him and eventhough it may be a place I've been before, seeing it with him is like seeing something for the first time. He gets so excited and loves it all. Of course, there were lots of pictures taken--he's always in charge of that. I did realize something about his picture taking when traveling this time around. Everything is new--landmarks, sights, everything. Add that with his enthusiasm for things and taking pictures becomes an obsession. However, because it's new, he takes a million pictures of something, thinking that is the best view we're going to get of it and not realizing I'm walking him to the "sight" for the best possible view! Then we get there, and he's already taken say, 10 pictures of the Washington Monument, and now we're to it and he needs to get to taking pictures!! It's hard to explain, but it became very obvious this past weekend. He'd work so hard to zoom in on the White House from far away, not realizing that's where we were going and I would be able to get him so close the zoom wouldn't be necessary!

(At our KY Congreesmen's Offices)
ANYWAY, we had a FABULOUS time. I, more than anything, enjoyed my time with him--stressfree and obligationless. The weather couldn't have been more perfect if we had ordered it. Our favorite was by far the new museum, the Newseum! With us both being Communication/Broadcasting majors, it was right up our alley. We spent nearly 5 hours alone there. Other significant stops included a special tour of the Capitol, the Supreme Court (one of my favorites, as I'm obsessed with the Federal Court, specifically Clarence Thomas!! -Don't ask!), Smithsonians galore, the National Archives, Ben's Chili Bowl (Regis' favorite), Union Station, Arlington Cemetary, the new 9/11 Pentagon Memorail (WOW), and all the monuments/memorials. I really don't want to go into detail about the sights...that would be much better from David. Hopefully he'll enlighten us!

Below are a few pictures from our trip, but click the title of this post to view all 236! (There would be more, but our SD card got full early on!)

That will probably be it for vacations for us for awhile. Maybe a weekend trip in the spring and then our big cruise with my family next summer! We can't wait--Kasey better not get pregnant this time around! But, thank goodness she did, it's going to be much more fun with Myla around!




Dad, this one is for you and Mr. Williams!

No comments:
Post a Comment