Swim With The Fishes...

Monday, September 22, 2008

What A Weekend!

Whew! So I was wondering why on Earth I was so tired and worn out today after a weekend? Then I remembered what all we did:

Kelly's Saturday Schedule:
8 AM-3 PM--Hosted the Tennessee College for Women 48th Annual Reunion (Average age of attendee--92!)
5:30-7 PM--Sponsored young alumni voter registration for an hour at Belmont
5:30-7 PM--Worked the Green Room of the showcase
7-9 PM--Worked the first annual "Alumni Showcase" at Belmont featuring 4 alumni acts
9-11:30 PM--Threw a young alumni showcase with about 100 attendees (largest ever)


My wonderful husband worked all morning at the soccer field or at home & then was a trooper and attended all of the afternoon events with me!



Sunday, though a little more fun and non-work related, was very busy too. Our good friend, Waylon, hooked us up with tickets to the Capitol Records suite at the Titans game! It's a prime location, just 2 suites down from the Titan's owner, Bud Adams!




It was awesome, great view, out of the heat, and all the food & drinks you wanted...all free. You can't beat that! The only downer was that Darius Rucker (a.k.a. "Hootie" from Hootie & the Blowfish) was supposed to be there, but he didn't show up! We got all excited for nothing, but still enjoyed the game.



After that, we headed to the soccer field for David's team's Sunday "friendly" game. I honestly needed a nap instead, but Nashville's had a shortage on gas* since last week and we just couldn't take two cars, so we both headed to the fields.







When I finally went to bed last night all I could say was "I haven't been here enough this weekend!" Which, is why I must be exhausted today.

*Gas Shortage: For those of you that we haven't talked to, Nashville's gas shortage is still evident. Last week, around Thursday, all of the local gas stations started showing signs of being completely out of gas. We thought it was just an afternoon thing, but 5 days later, still no gas. People can't get anywhere, if a station does get gas, there's a line a mile long with police escorting you to the pump, and we even saw some fights on the news when people were "topping off!" CRAZY. Last night, I had to research our public bus schedule! Fortunately, I called around this morning and found one that had gas for the time being and was able to get enough to get to work and be safe a day or two. Hopefully it will end soon. I'm not liking it or paying $4.25/gallon! Apparently the pipeline that delivers to us lost power during Hurricane Ike and only we have been effected. Hope we get gas soon...we're headed to Louisville this weekend for some football & futbol!

No comments: