Swim With The Fishes...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Fall Y'all, or is it?

Well, the news says it's fall, the calendar say's it's fall and Target definitely says it's fall--or maybe they say it's already Christmas! Either way, everything around would lead you to believe it's definitely and officially Fall.
Except our house! The weather, though still in the mid-80s here, has definitely cooled off lately. The breeze, when it blows, is cooler. Sunset is definitely happening earlier here--before 7 PM! Still, most of our flowers are still in full bloom and leaving traces of the summer that make me smile each day when I leave home in the morning and arrive back every afternoon! This morning, I took a couple of pictures to share of our beautiful summer layover!













And finally, David's got something to be happy about as a Cubs fan. They clinched the NL Central race and will be playing in October with a good chance at a World Series run! (Dad, I know, I'm rolling my eyes too!) It's certainly exciting for David and to support my husband, who I clearly love so much, we have moved forward with an outward display of support and hung a Cubs flag in our yard!

As most of you know, I'm a born & raised Cardinal fan, but I'm not going to look at this as being a traitor. It's been 100 years for them, we've had much success and even a championship in 2006 so encouraging his loyalty isn't too much of a conflict. He supports me year after year after year after year when my team does well. Once every 100 years isn't too bad! ;)

No comments: