Swim With The Fishes...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Little Firecracker and a Fairy Godmother!

This past weekend we made the trip to South Bend to meet Myla James! I think it's safe to say we both fell in love!
David had an admittedly hard time looking past the 7 hour drive to get real excited about our trip, but I, of course, was anxious, excited, and overjoyed to go meet my niece! It definitely surpassed all of our expectations.

Kasey and Matthew were so kind to let us invade their family's space and continue the long line of visitors they have had since Myla was born. We were the last of the line and arrived on the 4th of July, one day before she turned a month old. We got to spend 2 entire days staring, oohing and aahing and just cuddling, which is by far her favorite thing to do. It was great to see Kasey and Matthew as well! They are great parents and Myla definitely feeds off their laid-backness. She is such a good baby. When she's awake she's so alert and hardly makes a whimper. She's not perfect, close, but not as she HATES to have her diaper changed or clothes off in general! That's about the only time she even looks unpleasant.

On our trip I also had the honor of finding out that I will get to be Myla's Godmother! Since I was already attempting to be "Super Aunt" I don't know that this will mean any more duties or love, but just a very nice new title to add--I'm going for "Fairy Godmother!"

When I say we fell in love, I do mean we. I intended to be head over heels from the start, but David usually gets more excited about kids when they can at least talk! Well, he and Myla really took to one another and he's quite smitten! He held her through her first fireworks, carried her through the Farmer's Market and on Saturday she slept on his chest for nearly 2 hours!! He's a goner and already is wondering when Uncle David will see her again!

We had a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable trip! It sure makes living 7 hours away even harder now. In fact, just yesterday we invested in a web cam so we can watch her grow! Now we just have to convince Kasey and Matthew to leave it on 24/7!!


We did make one pit stop on the way back-we visited Kentucky Kingdom! Since we had never been to an amusement park together, we thought we would use this trip to mark that off our list as well. Unfortunately, we aren't as young as we used to be and it wasn't quite the same. I've never been one for roller coasters, but I go because everyone else goes. David, usually loves them, but got a severe case of motion sickness after about 2 rides! We rode it all and made the best of it, but I'm not sure either one of us are dying to return. Just another mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are such a great sister and aunt (I'm sure...) that it won't be hard for you to be a Fairy Godmother as well! Congrats! I'm glad you had a great visit and look forward to seeing you next time! ~Jen