Swim With The Fishes...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

David Lands Dream Job!

Well, after several failed attempts to get David to post on here about his new job, I am going to resort to giving the update!
That's right, David has a NEW job. Can you believe he left Belmont? Neither can I! It's still hard to believe and after just 3 days of driving to work alone and lunches by myself, I'm not sure I like it! Still, if you could see how happy he is, it's hard not to adjust.
David is now the Director of Marketing, Sponsorships & Tournaments (whew!) at Harpeth Youth Soccer Association! This is the same club he coaches his travel team out of and with the merger of the rec league (HYSA) and the travel club (HFC-Harpeth Futbol Club), the opportunity came available and the job was created just for him! As most of you know, he has long wanted to work in sports and soccer is definitely one of his favorites. Essentially this is his dream job!
So, we're adjusting to his new schedule (he is sleeping later and home earlier-for now), to driving separately (we've both had to "meet in the middle" on various days because one of us left something in the other's car!), and Belmont's adjusting to life without Fish (it isn't pretty!). His long commute may result in a move for us, but we'll just have to wait and see. Stay tuned...

No comments: