Swim With The Fishes...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break '08

So click on the link above (post title) to see all the pictures, but as most of you know, David and I went on a Spring Break Mission Trip with 8 students from Belmont to build a Habitat house! WOW! There are many words I can use to let you know how rewarding, satisfying, challenging, tiring, energizing, fun, interesting, and amazing this trip was for us both. Those are a few though!
We started Day 1 with JUST a foundation! AMAZING.











Day 1: Frame the entire house! Keep in mind it is JUST 8 students, David and myself, and 4 crew leaders. 14 People!











Day 2: Putting on the trusses (roof), wrapping the house and installing windows.











Day 3: I put the shingles on the roof (HOT job) and David worked on the ground!





(There are no pictures of me doing it...I was to busy to stop and take them!)











Who knows how David managed to get stuck under 2 ladders!













Day 4: Start the siding, Kelly's Soffit Shopp & Fascia work (I know my home building lingo may be over your head, but it was important work, that's all you need to know!)

























We were so proud of our finished product...well, as much as we could finish in 4 days! If you need a house built anytime soon...call Fish Construction. You should know, we are expensive, but produce high quality!

What a great spring break! I will load some of the fun pictures soon!

No comments: