The things Lofton does these days are just amazing, if I do say so myself! He never ceases to amaze us. Here are a few of the most impressive skills as of late...
* Writes his name. He writes all the letters, just not in order yet. Obviously, he spells his name too.
* Today, he told me you spell his last name...F-I-S-H! I didn't know he had that one yet!
* Does some basic math. At breakfast a few weeks ago, here was the conversation with David:
David: Lofton, 3 mini-wheats minus 1 mini-wheat is...
Lofton: 2 mini-wheats!
David: 2 mini-wheats minus 1 mini-wheat...
Lofton: (eats a mini-wheat) 1 mini-wheat!!
David: 1 mini-wheat minus 1 mini-wheat is...
Lofton: MILK!
Genius.
* Can dress & undress himself
* He's completely potty trained (thanks to school). He's been pottying since late November, full big boy underwear since December! Night time was almost immediate, the rest came.
* He can identify/read all of his lower case and capital letters.
* He can count to 29 and then continue once you give him the ten (thirty, forty, etc.).
* He's quite independent...can get in and out of his chair at dinner, climbs in his car seat, opens the door, takes off his jacket and shoes, you know...all the big stuff!!
* Brushes his teeth, all big boy style.
* He's a little too good for my liking at working the iPhone, iPad and Wii game. He doesn't play much at all, but the few times he does play Mario Cart on the Wii he finishes every race and has even finished first a few times. For a frame of reference, I can't even finish a race!
* Little activities--connect the dots, matching games, mazes, etc. It's amazing!
There a several other things that will get their own post. Basically, he's just the smartest and coolest little kid!
2 comments:
Granny says;; Go big Lofton. You are getting mighty smart. As ever you sure make us all proud.
Love ;; GRANNY BUCKLES
I laughed pretty hard at the 1-1=milk comment. I'm stealing that joke but I'll give credit to Lofton.
Post a Comment