While I wait time to get recent pictures off my phone and off our camera, I thought I'd share a few anecdotes from Lofton. He is just really smarter and more fun every day. I am loving life with a two and a half year old...it's getting so much easier and so hilarious!
We have Sunday lunch at the same place every week. He sits in the window and this week, a little girl, who was also sitting in the window, creeped over near him. Here was the exchange...
(Lots of staring at each other)
Mom: Lofton, say hello and ask her what her name is.
Lofton: Hi, what your name is?
Girl: Ashton.
Mom: Tell her your name.
Lofton: LOFTONBUCKLESFISH
Girl: Hi.
Lofton: You're cute.
Girl: Thanks.
Lofton: I can hide fast.
(Mom: That-a-way Lofton, impress her with your superpowers!)
We made a trip to the mailbox the other day. Lofton wanted to know if there was any mail for him. There wasn't so I gave him a piece of junk mail. He looked at it, front and back and said, "That's interesting!"
At dinner this weekend, Lofton was screaming at the top of his lungs, over and over again...
"Mommy, I love you VERY VERY VERY VERY much!"
I said told him I loved him very much too...all the way to the moon.
He replied, "I love you all da way to the sun!"
Wow...didn't know he knew that was further.
No comments:
Post a Comment