
The weather was cold, but not miserable or unbearable at all. In fact, I enjoyed not being incredibly hot all the time and the way others were bundled up, you could hardly tell who was pregnant, overweight or just needed the extra layers for warmth!! I fit right in!



As I mentioned, we ate! David finally returned to Giordano's, where his favorite pizza in the world is made. He liked it so much, we went twice! It was yummy.



Fortunately, we didn't have much Christmas shopping to do, so we did more looking and people watching than actual spending. It was nice just to be in the hustle and bustle and not have to be the ones hustling!

One of the highlights of the trip was getting to see Kasey, Matthew & Myla. We hadn't seen them since our trip there in September--too long! We had brunch with them Sunday and even got to entertain Myla a little while they did some shopping. She was adorable and seemed to not even notice we hadn't seen one another in months. That's always reassuring. I especially loved sharing pregnancy talk with Kasey and walking through the baby section of Macy's with a fellow mom (& sister)! It made us SO excited for Christmas with them next week.





We both loved going to Millenium Park to watch the ice skaters. David stayed off the ice due to bad knees and an ailing wrist, but I tore that ice to shreds!!! He tried to get a picture of me in action, but I think I was too fast for him or the camera. Too bad, you all would have been proud! ;)

One tragic event happened while we were there. Had I chronicled my trips to bathrooms throughout the weekend, we would have had an entire album to compare and contrast over 30 bathrooms throughout Chicago. It was nuts. With all the extra items I took with me each time...big coat, hat, scarf, camera, phone, I often found myself setting up shop in each stall. On Sunday night at Navy Pier during this exact habit, I thoughtlessly left my cell phone on the toilet paper holder in the bathroom. By the time I had washed my hands and met David outside (less than 2 minutes), I realized my mistake and returned to of course, find it missing. The most frustrating part was knowing it was probably within 50 feet of me, but of course, it was gone. I was totally bummed for several reasons. 1) I NEVER get attached to a gadget, but had really come to love my I-Phone. 2) These days I get a little anxiety when I know I'm not near a phone or if I can't reach David. I just know that "it's time" call is coming soon and the fear of delivering this kiddo stranded on a non-working elevator alone gets to me. (Hey, I watch a lot of TV, specifically General Hospital, it happens!!) and 3) I felt so stupid. Pregnancy has seemed to take my memory, clear thought and all sense of control. This was yet another reminder of that.
(Here's a picture of the scene of the crime--don't be fooled by how festive it looks!)
(Here's a picture of the scene of the crime--don't be fooled by how festive it looks!)Of course, David was great about it all and by the time we got home on Monday night I had a new phone, all of my information recovered and all was well. Still, it was a little traumatic for me!
So, the coming and passing of our Babymoon is bittersweet. We had a wonderful time away together, we always do. Although we are so anxious and excited for Beano to arrive, it did remind us that trips with such ease aren't in our near future. Thankfully, Beano is in no short supply of grandparents that are eager to see him (and keep him) for extended periods of time! Our upcoming trips may be a little more difficult to plan, but I'm sure that will make them all the more special!

CLICK HERE for an album of our trip!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your trip. It's so great to see you share special times together. Can't wait until there's one more Fish with which to share good times.
Post a Comment