Swim With The Fishes...

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 17 & A New Day!

So, I'm changing the "Food of the Week" day from Thursday to Tuesday. Not because I'm anxious, but somehow my doctor has my week change day as Tuesday when it was orginally on Thursday. Therefore, to clear up my personal confusion of counting my days and having her tell me I'm two days further along than I think, we're all going to get on the same page. Today, I'm 17 weeks and an onion! (Seems minor, but seriously, in her medical language it was causing some serious confusion!) To celebrate, yesterday we made chili with onions and had chicken, green pepper and onion fajitas! I cried a lot preparing both!

David did a lot for Baby Boy Fish this weekend, including putting together baby furniture! The nursery has since become our favorite room and there's a chance we could wear out the glider and gliding ottoman before Beano ever arrives! Once we get it painted, we both may sleep in there. It's just beautiful. I'll try to take some pictures of the furniture for the blog soon.
Also, yesterday we toured two more childcare centers. Oh my! All I can say, please pray for us as we decide what the best option is for us and our son. It's a decision that is very overwhelming and carries a lot of guilt.

2 comments:

Aquarium Creature said...

Wow!!! An Onion...I do love Fried onions and Baked onions and Green onions & onions shaped like a fishhhhhh. I know you will make the right decision as far a daycare facility goes. We are praying with you!!!

Mom said...

This is just the beginning of all the guilt you'll have as you raise him. You always want to do the best, but even the best of intentions leave you feeling guilty at that moment and especially when you look back. You just do the best you can and then marvel when your children turn out so well in spite of all the mistakes you made and the things you wish you'd done better. Just do the best you can each day and make sure he knows you love him. That makes up for a lot of mistakes.