Swim With The Fishes...

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Lemon--is Beano shrinking??

Hmm...I'm a little skeptical of this week's food choice. Not because I don't like lemons, I'm fairly indifferent to them. I'm skeptical because I feel like a lemon must be smaller than a peach, no? At first I was afraid that a lemon was even the same size or smaller than a lime, but I compared at Kasey's this weekend, and was happy to know a lemon is bigger than a lime, but a peach, I'm not sure?

Despite my disapproval of this week's growth comparison I'm excited to be in week 14. It's crazy, but after all my rantings last week about patience, this week FLEW by! I barely remembered I had a blog post to get up!!

So, without a doubt, according to ALL books and websites now, I am officially out of the 1st trimester! My daily reading book says I should celebrate, any ideas on how? I feel guilty getting too excited as I haven't been sick like many. However, I am finding myself with "more" energy...more, not a ton. I think that's called motherhood. :) I'm also 3.5 months, which even sounds better than 14 weeks to me and is also 6 weeks away from an ultrasound and gender determination!! WOO HOO! Like I said before, I certainly find myself wishing weeks away as I just did.

Finally, this weekend, my family began throwing name ideas out there to us. It was interesting to say the least. I thought I'd open up the floor to suggestions with this blog post. A few rules: must be more than 1 syllable (it's going with Fish), first and middle names are accepted, we really don't need suggestions for boy names, just girl names and we reserve the right to ignore your comments and/or shut down this game completely! Finally, the following names have been mentioned and although they were at one time funny, the joke is over and they are disqualified from being mentioned: Angel, Star, Sword, Katherine and call it Kat, Shelly, Nemo, or any other name that sounds like an adjective to describe a Fish. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ha ha! I'll have to think of some options... but like you, the last name of 'Smoker' also makes you take a little extra time when considering names. I guess there's no little 'Bud' or 'Mary Jane' in our futures. :)

Mom said...

I'm still working on guesses for the boy's name. But, I'll be working on the girl's name, too. When given lemons make lemonade. I'm not sure how that applies, but seems like it should somehow so you can make it fit however you like. Love you.