Swim With The Fishes...

Thursday, August 27, 2009

12 Weeks-End of the First Trimester!

So, at the end of this week, I'll officially (according to most sites and books) be OUT of the first trimester! Let the energy overwhelm me!

In all seriousness, I'm very blessed that the first trimester, for me, hasn't been bad at all. Only minor symptoms and exhaustion--I can deal with that. (I should take this time to praise David who has been the best partner & dad through all of this. He deals with my whining, which he knows is mostly isolated for him and pampers me as much as humanly possible. I'm very lucky.) Day to day is different, but I'm beginning to "show" a little. Some days more than others and it increases throughout the day. It's pretty bizarre right now. We have got to start taking pictures of me growing, but we haven't yet. Just seems to get away from us.

Most excitedly, we go to the doctor again tomorrow to HEAR THE HEARTBEAT!!!! We're so excited. The last appointment seemed to take forever to arrive, but the last four weeks have gone by much quicker. We are both very anxious for tomorrow, for the confirmation of a baby with a healthy heart and for confirmation from the doctor that everything looks good and is progressing normally. Cross your fingers, we're going to try to talk her in to an early ultrasound!! I don't think she'll bite, she's pretty unwavering on those things it seems. We'll still try!

So this week, Beano is growing to over 2 inches, nearly 2.5 inches long, crown to rump. He/she has fingernails and has the profile of a real human!! We hope anyway. Beano's food comparison this week is a....PLUM. :P

2 comments:

Aquarium Creature said...

When I was 10 years old, I started mowing my Grandmother Knott's yard. She had an orchard with Grapevines, Apple trees, Peach trees, and yes, Young PLUM trees. I would always stop at the Plum Tree and eat EVERY plum on the tree..Do you think she ever wondered if that tree would EVER bear fruit??? And I still love plums! PS: I hope the baby is not already biting nails!

Mom said...

Can't wait to hear from you after your visit.