David and I have some news...we have a "little!" No, I'm not expecting, we have begun volunteering with the Big Brother Big Sister program here in Nashville and have been assigned a "little" brother! They call them "littles," but we prefer Jayden!
It's too early to post a picture, we need to reach a better comfort level with he and his mom, but I can promise you he is SO cute. Jayden is 6 years old and likes Chuck-e-Cheese, WWE, sports, and is special because he has glasses! So far we had an outing to Wendy's for frosties, made a book about things we'll do together and have had an outing to the park. We look forward to seeing him each week, and will see him every week for about 2 hours, or so. As we get more acclimated with one another our outings will become more adventurous, the zoo, science museum, pool, our house, but for now, we'll stick to simple. It's about the time we spend with him more than anything!! Very exciting for us.
If you have any ideas of things we should do or experience with Jayden, feel free to let me know. I'll take advice from anyone who also has a "little" or who hangs with kids!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment