Swim With The Fishes...

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shout Out to South Bend!

This past weekend, I got to go visit my sister, Kasey, and my soon-to-arrive niece for the last time before her arrival! The long trip flew by and was completely worth it.

Saturday, we went to get pedicures. This "relaxing" experience was interrupted by a rude manager and unwillingness to honor promised services, but it made for a great story! My favorite quote from the ordeal has to be "If you say FREE one more time, I'm gonna go crazy!" It only makes it better that it was said by my 8 month pregnant sister! Priceless.

On Sunday, my sister's AMAZING friend, Jen Smoker, threw Kasey a wonderful shower. She hosted it in her home and all of Kasey's friends from South Bend were there, as well as one of her closest friends from college, Kristina, who flew in from Connecticut. As much as I hate not being around Kasey during this exciting time and especially hate the thought of missing day-to-day happenings of my niece's life, it is so comforting to know that she truly has the best friends around her. I must admit, I'm jealous! She has such a great support group of friends that have either gone through the same things, are currently going through the same thing, or those that just are always there to support her and Matthew at this time in their life. Every time I visit I'm reminded at just how fortunate she is and how jealous I am I don't live closer! They're always so welcoming to me as well, so for those that read this, not that any of you do ;), THANKS!

Here are some pictures from her PERFECT shower:













Kasey & Jen (hostess)----Kasey & Kristina











Some of the "book club" gang!














Such a Cute Pregnant Sister!

2 comments:

The Wegeners said...

It was so great to meet you at the shower! Hope all is well and that you're ready to be an Aunt! The clock is ticking... :)

Jen said...

Thanks for the shout out Kelly! You are such a great sister for coming to town for the shower! Can't wait to see you again... kisses!