This weekend David and I traveled to St. Louis with David's U-10 Soccer team to compete in a tournament. I never thought I would take a trip to St. Louis and watch soccer instead of baseball! Although the outcome of the tournament wasn't what we had hoped for, the trip was a fun weekend away!
Having done all the other free attractions in St. Louis (the Zoo, arch, Grant's farm, etc.), we decided to take the FREE tour of the Anhauser-Busch World Headquarters! It was really amazing.
We got to check out the infamous Clydesdale horses--their stalls are amazing! We took a tour from start to finish of how beer is made, packaged and shipped all over the world. It really was interesting. And, mission accomplished for me, I finally discovered what "hops" is!
Here were some of the cool facts we learned:
* Did you know that during prohibiton Anhauser Busch companies made ice cream?!
* Anhauser met a young Busch while working ports along the Mississippi River. He liked him so much, he introduced him to his daughter. They were married, forming the first Anhauser-Busch family connection.
* Anhausher-Busch works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If they stopped production for one day, the mid-west would run out of the needed supply of beer in 18-24 hours.
* The Clydesdales were introduced in 1933, when prohibition ended as a "tour" of sorts to remarket beer. They went cross-country.
If you want more, take the tour!
Other than that, we shopped, ate and enjoyed beautiful weather. I have some pictures, but need to figure out how to get them off my phone! Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment