For Halloween this year, Lofton let us know early on that he wanted to be none other than Lightening McQueen! I, on the other hand, didn't know how to make that happen other than to buy the race car driver costume at Target. Refusing to do that, I made a game plan, got my supplies and went to work. At the end of my craft project, I was SO proud!! Lofton, on the other hand, refused to wear it! Apparently we didn't have the same vision for his costume or maybe he just didn't want to wear a box.
By the time Halloween came around, we talked him into the costume, or at least most of it. I also made these cool pants that were black with a shiny white stripe down the legs (like white wall tires), but he wouldn't wear those. Still, he made one good looking Lightening McQueen...KA-CHOW!
Thanks to Mr. Clyde & Mrs. Lavona for going trick-or-treating with us. Next year we make take Clyde up on his offer to just go to Wal-Mart and buy Lofton whatever candy he wants!!! Nah, we had fun.
2 comments:
Nice job on the costume, Kell. Looks like fun. Hate missing seeing him in person on Halloween.
Granny Buckles said......
Good Job Kelly and David. Sure was cute. Say Thanks to the 'Russels" for helping you all at all times'.LOVE GRANNY BUCKLES
Post a Comment