Swim With The Fishes...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lofton 2.5

To say we've been busy (and overwhelmed) would be an understatement.  This would be the reason for the lack of posts lately.  Here's an update of our 2 and a half year old (can you believe it?!) lately...

*  He is such a smart, polite, funny, creative little boy.  One of his teacher's told me about this exchange recently:
Teacher: "Lofton, how's your Mommy?"
Lofton: "She's fine, thank you!"
He really always remembers his manners these days, which is incredibly satisfying and rewarding as his parent.

*  He is really smart.  He makes all sorts of conclusions and ideas that seem far beyond his age.  Lately he's been making a lot of analogies and comparisons.  Here's an example of him putting a lot together in a brief conversation tonight...
Man at the grocery: "Hey Lofton, you're getting big!  Remember me, I work with your Daddy at the Y!"
Lofton: (after he walked away) "Mommy, what's his name?"
Me: "I don't know, Lofton."
Lofton: "Probably we should go see Daddy at the Y and ask him what that man's name is."

*  He LOVES two things right now...
1.  HIDING!  He hides from everyone each time they walk into the room or even when you're sitting in the room.  He'll be quiet for the longest time.  I, of course, love it!
2.  Flashlights.  He likes to chase the light, make shadows, sleep with them, take dark/flashlight only baths and go on adventures with Daddy and his flashlight!

*  His prayers are getting much more elaborate and really cute.  It's especially cute that he says them in this high pitched voice.  Here was tonight's:
"Dear God, thank you for Daddy, Mommy and Lofton.  We are a family.  Thank you for my family.  Thank you for Nana and Pop.  Thank you for when Daddy called me from work at the Y and I said he was in Pennsylvania and he said he was at work.  AHHHH-Men!"
So cute!  (By the way, David just got back from a work trip in Pennsylvania.  Lofton's been obsessed with that and thinks every time Daddy leaves now, it must be for there!  He didn't just come up with that!)

*  He's getting really great reports from school.  His friends are still Wes & Zia, but Wes is his "best friend."  He talks about him all the time, gets so excited when Wes is already there when we drop him off and they even seem to have their own secret language.  We need a play date with Wes...stat!

*  He's been using the potty at school.  For a couple of weeks he's just been trying, but this week he actually "pee-peed" in the potty a little!!  He's so proud and really loves the stickers and RED gold fish he gets because of it.  Somehow he's not interested in going at home though.  I blame it on peer pressure.

*  Lofton's gotten very independent.  He plays by himself more and definitely can function without much supervision.  (Chill out...we still supervise him.)  However, I think if we left him to run some errands, he could change his own diaper, feed himself and play with his toys or a game he's made up until we got back.  Just a hypothesis...nothing I'll test!

*  He's really gotten into his "friends."  These guys are Buzz Lightyear, Lightening McQueen, Woody, Mater and still the old reliable's from Sesame Street and Mickey's Clubhouse.  He carries these toys everywhere and plays with them constantly.  He says he wants to be "Lightening" for Halloween...we'll see if it sticks.  Let's just say I'm not buying or making the costume yet.

There's a glimpse into the life of our 2.5 year old.  Here are some cute pictures I took recently as well.  Love this little, incredibly happy boy.



2 comments:

Lillian said...


GRANNY/BUCKLES>>>>>> L0fton, that Ice cream cone sure did look good but so did our SWEET LOFTON.
How about coming home for Thanksgivings?????? Would love to have you the night before if, I can make it. Love You..GRANNY AND PA>

Nana/Mom said...

He is a sweet one. I'm always amazed at his conversations. Love you, Lofton. Nana/Mom