I'm starting to think the title of every post for our trip to Colorado should be "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" or "Modes of Transportation!" Lofton experienced a plane, bus, tram, train and car in our trip out west. He loved every one.
Clyde & Lavona were so kind and generous to us during the trip. They really did a lot of special things to make it an easy trip for all of us and make it fun and memorable too, especially for Lofton. One thing we did that I'm sure he won't be forgetting was to take a ride on the "Georgetown Loop." This was an old steam engine train that took you on a ride around the mountains for over an hour! It was so much fun for all of us, but really for our little train lover.
The only downfall of this experience was that for the first part of the "loop," Lofton slept!! The high altitude sucked the energy right out of him our first day there and his nap time hit a lot earlier than usual. He missed the first half, but perked up in time to enjoy the ride before it was over.
This was a very fun thing to do and something I recommend if you are ever headed to the Denver area with a train-loving toddler!
 |
| KNOCKED OUT! |
 |
| "Uh, where am I?" |
 |
| The views were beautiful. |
 |
| "Oh...now this is fun!!!" |
 |
| "Let's go again!!" |
1 comment:
Good MORNING kEL. fR0M GRANNY.
gREAT PICTURES OF YOU ALL. yOU ALL HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL FRIENDS IN THE WORLD, SURELY.THEY HAVE BEEN A BLENNING TO YOU ALL,AND I'M SURE LOFTON EATS THAT UP. hE WAS HERE TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND WAS AS HAPPY WITH POP AND NANA AS EVER.
LOVE YOU; GRANNY B.
Post a Comment