Swim With The Fishes...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

This weekend, David and I went to E-town to spend Easter with my parents. Rather than switch holidays back and forth and get all confused, we decided when we got married that the Fish family would always get Thanksgiving and the Buckles family would get Easter. Sticking to that, we headed out (ahead of the storms) on Friday afternoon. Friday & Saturday were very relaxing-we ate a lot! While I went to a friend's baby shower on Saturday, David went golfing with mom & dad. Saturday night we all participated in the annual egg dying! David is still learning how to add his own creativity to his eggs, but I do have about 25 years of experience on him!























Sunday morning we put on our Easter best and had a mini photo shoot before church! David was a little disoriented as he lost a contact that morning and was wearing his glasses, which he rarely does. It kind of threw his entire day out of whack, but he adjusted!












Of course, things got extra lively when Kasey, Matthew & Myla showed up at church! We all couldn't wait to get our hands on Myla--she was SO cute for her 1st Easter! The rest of the day we all watched her, held her, played with her...you get the idea! I'm beginning to wonder what we did BEFORE her!

Seriously, we might just steal her!










Myla had a lot of fun with Pop on her first Easter egg hunt. She had gifts from the bunny at every turn--Granny & Pa's, Nana & Pop's, Mamaw & Papaw's. I think her favorite was from the Nashville Easter bunnies--Aunt Kelly & Uncle David. We got her a new toy to help her practice walking and she mastered it by the end of the night! Child prodigy, I think. :)










To close, don't we really all just wish we could do this at the end of the day?!














No comments: