The month started on a sad note, with the passing of Mamaw Lettie (see Feb. 4 post).
As soon as we got back from Kentucky, we walked right into Belmont's Homecoming and therefore, the busiest weekend for my job. Everything went off well, I suppose! Below is a picture of David with some students at the Homecoming bonfire--check out the glow necklaces (good idea Kelly!). Go Bruins!
The following week marked our first Valentine's Day as a married couple! We had a BIG night on the town--dinner & HOCKEY! That's right, we have hockey in Nashvegas! Our BIG night on the town was a result of free tickets the Predator's owner gave us at a Belmont event the previous week. Plus, we NEVER get to go to sporting events together--what a treat! ;) (see below-this is just the tip of the iceberg!) It was a fun time, one sappy day down, many to go!
That weekend was David's annual trip to Chapel Hill (think 15 hours round-trip) to watch his beloved TarHeels play. This trip was especially great for him, as he got to take a fellow UNC devoted fan with him, BU friend, Eric Pittle. Eric hadn't been to a game before. I think male bonding & tears were involved! David loves his TarHeels, and of course, they won!
The same weekend, David's parents finally cashed in on their Christmas present from us and we all attended The Temptations & The Four Tops concert at the Ryman Auditorium! It was a GREAT show. In the words of Mr. Fish & myself "I was raised on this music!"The next day, I left for Atlanta for a conference. This made 3 nights out of 4 that we were apart. :( The most by far since we had been married. The conference was good, but not only made me tired, but made me sick. David was sick with the flu when I left and after traveling for 3 days with two sick co-workers, I could avoid it no longer. Hopefully we both got it out of our system.
This past weekend we celebrated my 27th Birthday! My family came in to celebrate, and besides feeling puny, I managed to have a good birthday--ice cream cake & all! I'm no longer the age I was when I got married and inching towards the big 30 more and more each day!! Something about those numbers...27...seems a little intimidating. Is 27 when you must become a grown-up? Not sure how much I will be bragging about being 6 months older than David from here on out, but as I always say, it keeps me just old enough to be in charge!
So, that's it. That was our month--exhausting, busy, fun & unpredictable. Honestly, I hope March is slower! I'm tired.



No comments:
Post a Comment